Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Help I'm alive, my heart keeps beating like a hammer...

So I found this book that one of my mom's friend's gave me for my college graduation. It is Dr. Seuss's "Oh, the places you'll go." I had never read it. "The Cat in the Hat" was the big one when I was younger not this one. Well, I forgot to remember the message. I will go places, I will succeed, I will have motivation, and the sun will shine. And I can't let some fool bring me down. I'm sick of being just a faded memory and being treated like a secretary.


Today was one of those get up, drink a pot of coffee, go to work, come home, eat dinner, watch tv, and then go to bed days. But I added a dash of spice. I actually sat down and did a mini collage. I got out my lil book of latin phrases, my stamps, an old book I got from the library for a quarter and then some clipboard stamps. I originally had many ideas for this but I thought I would leave it small and simple. I might go back and add something else, but maybe later.


It's just a little girl lost in her thoughts.


Here's a closer look. I really like the blue hearts for some odd reason.


I love the big "AND" symbol.

It's simple, but it's a start. I actually feel good that I did something. =)

The phrases are in latin. I used to translate Latin very well back in high school. While doing this I was like Oh yeah I remember that maybe I should pick it up again. But then I thought oh if I know Latin the only one I could talk to would be the pope. That'd be akward as hell. lol.


Oh and I was telling a friend yesterday about a story idea I had about a diary of zombie who came back. I don't think that's ever been done. I told him about it and he actually told me that I should write it and he'd read it for me. His words struck a cord in me and I'm going to really start planning this out. People throw you curveballs that I just don't understand. But I'm going to get out my little cherry notebook and start writing down my ideas.

I'm starting to feel like a phoenix. I keep coming back from the ashes. I've died a hundred times...But you have to come back...some way.

I'm exhausted. I've been reading "The Time Traveler's Wife" non-stop. I can't wait to finish it and write about it. I'm going to go read some more and wait for the glue to dry on my collage.


"We'll put them all to sleep, until Rose awakens." - Flora

1 comment:

Simply Colette said...

Thanks for stopping by! I loved reading your post, in fact I think I wrote the first couple paragraphs. ;) The underappreciated recent college grad / secretary. Makes it all seems worth the degree, right?! completely understand. And I like your creative latin phrases. :)

have a good day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails