Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Must See - The Movie "Nine" (Non-Spoiler)


I will be taking a lil break from the Christmas gossip tonight & tell you all how, "Omg, Nine is a Must-See Movie!!!!" It is just as powerful as "Moulin Rouge," & "Chicago". Sometimes people hear the word Musical they lurk away & hope that they won't be dragged to it. Or even lie to your friends by saying that it's actually an alien film or a horror film & the music is only in the beginning part. In this movie, that is NOT the case. There is SO MUCH MORE TO IT!!

I love movies that your mind just shuts off for 2 hours. One of my dreams is to go to Italy one day, dance in a chorus line, wear the fancy couture gowns that will make you want to twirl for hours, & wear the raunchy lingerie that you just can't find at Victoria Secret. This movie had all those dreams and more in live technicolor. Maybe it's my Italian fiery spirit peeking through, but I absolutely loved this movie. (P.S. I'm 1/2 Italian, 1/4 German, & 1/4 Dominican).

It stars Daniel Day Lewis, Nicole Kidman, Penelope Cruz, Fergie, Judi Dench, Kate Hudson, & of course Sophia Loren (She is awesome). They were fantastic!!! The movie revolves around a lost director(Lewis) looking to find his way for his next film & the women that dwell in his mind & his life. The music was so full of passion, the dance scenes are beautifully choreographed, it's very easy to follow, & you just can't wait til the next frame...

This movie will also touch every person whom someone has made you feel like a penny, ergo one out of many...I know that feeling regretfully well.

I took my mom this morning & we went for the matinee. Even if I had paid the normal amount, it would have been quite alright. Right after the movie I went and bought the soundtrack too. The lyrics of the songs are just wonderful. I think I also liked it because the overlapping love triangles reminded me of a certain man I know & knowing a man who thinks he can do whatever he wants & never deal with the consequences....I know one of those a lil too well.

I recommend this movie totally. A+. It's definitely going to pick up a few awards. =)

I hope everyone had a lovely & safe Christmas. I'll talk about my Christmas tomorrow. I had to write about this movie because I will be running it through my head all day long. I had a good Christmas, thankfully the weather held up so I got all my travelling done in one day & got to sleep in my own bed. hehe. Til Tomorrow...

21 comments:

MalibuMara said...

im dying to see this movie but noone wants to see it :/
it looks sooo good though


http://malibumara.blogspot.com

J said...

Hm. To be honest, I didn't care anything about this film, but you've convinced me that I might actually want to see it.

By the way, how was the Julie & Julia BOOK? I just wrote a review on the film, but I would like to know if the book was worth reading?

Leah said...

I will definitely watch this one but it's not yet showing here in Manila. Maybe when I go to LA next week, I can still catch it.

Denysia said...

This movie sounds interesting. I might just have to watch it!

Sandy said...

I definitely want to see this one. You know, it's silly, we have Moulin Rouge and Chicago and I LOVE musicals but I haven't watched them! Barry's more into the Step Up movies (which I LOVE) and he even liked Take the Lead with Antonio Bandaras. Me, I'm not quite so picky. We have a lot of music movies which I wouldn't really classify as musicals ... maybe modern day musicals. I'll definitely make a point of watching MR and Chicago and I'll definitely get Nine. It looks amazing.
Great to hear you had a good Christmas ... I'm looking forward to your post tomorrow.

Jennifer Fabulous said...

I want to see this movie so bad!! Ever since I saw the trailer like six months ago. Lol. I'm hoping to go next weekend with my best friend (she is literally the only one who will go with me. Haha). I'm so happy to hear you liked it! This makes me itch to see it even more now. Hehe!

Sabila Anata said...

do you mind exchanging links with me?
thank you

Anonymous said...

I wanna see it!

Anonymous said...

Glad your Christmas was good! Thanks for the movie review too.

Secretia

Barry said...

Great review Melanie. You certainly are a movie buff, aren't you? (I've always loved the way you equate moments in your life to particular movies). <3 As Sandy said we plan to see this at some point.

Glad you had a good Christmas.

Audrey Allure said...

i want to see this badly!!

Valerie said...

I'm dying to see this movie!!!! I'm glad you liked it!

Jade Purple Brown said...

i realy want to see this movie, great post!

courtney said...

I really want to see this! Looks fab!

angel6033 said...

I totally want to see this movie, and for some reason when I see other like something I want to see it just reinforces my excitement lol :) !!

Maria Ana said...

I want to see it:)

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Hmm...I was thinking that this would be a renter but now you make me want to see it!

Toothfairy said...

OOPSIE!!! Boyfriend asked me to watch this movie with him, but I always thought it was an animated movie?!? my bad... now it does looks interesting... hahaha


loves

Jack Daniel said...

I knew you were Italian...!

StuddedLilly said...

this movie looks awesome, just looke at the cast!! sophia loren?!! i heard the director wasn't going to make the movie if he couldn't cast her in it! its just the type of movie will probably give you goosebumps..but in a good way.
can't wait to see it*

xo

Vivian Tumasonis said...

Your blog is soo cool!!!

Kisses from Brazil!!

www.bibimademoiselle.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails