Monday, December 21, 2009

A little Crisco and some fishing wire and we'll be in business.

Sometimes you need that lunch break to just go on for hours and hours so you can collect your head. In reality tho I had about 45 minutes. But I luckily work near a lil thrift store & had a mini adventure there. One of the crappy things about winter is that no one really has tag sales or garage sales. Well I can't blame people for that, it's friggin cold!! So instead I will go to thrift stores because you never know what your going to find. The one I go to a lot has a high turn-over of new merchandise so I try to go often.

I still can't believe the stuff I found today. I had to share it because a thrift store sometimes is WAY better than an antique store because the prices just rock!! For $10 I got the following:


I'm obsessed with anything that's red & black and Omg this purse was just $3 bucks!!!! On sale no less. It's not a label but I don't care. I need a lil bag with a zipper to take out to bars & such. It looks kinda like a Kate Spade bag so I'll totally take it.


I have a weakness for these victorian figurines. I buy then whenever I find them. I like that it's always a couple. This is adorable that they are reading. (Did I mention that I'm a hardcore Pack Rat & part-time hoarder??? Guilty.)


My mom makes dolls. I found this resin mask to her for as an early Christmas present. Maybe she can use it for a doll or something.

Ironically on the shortest day of the year I did the most stuff. I stupidly had another cup of coffee at lunch so I've been running around like the rabbit from "Alice in Wonderland" yet again. But this is a lil better. My mom and I tonight stole the tree that's been in our condo's basement untouched for a while. It's now on my coffee table. I think it's my neighbors that we rescued a while back. We got the tree, the yellow balls, the garland, the angel for the top...tomorrow we'll get lights. At least I didn't put it up on Christmas Eve??? I tried to attack the attic to find the other 8 trees we have but...yeahhhh Christmas is 4 days away, it would take at least a month to find the trees. hehe. Here's the pic!


I'm now happy. It feels like Christmas. =)

Now I gotta mention this before I go. I did some more shopping after work & went into Victoria Secret to use my "$10 off a purchase" coupon. I was looking around & then I noticed something RIDICOLOUSLY ODD. They now have a lacey thong that......here's the kicker.....It's JUST ONE SIZE. Yeah it's a lacey thong that is one size fits all. Now I'm not heavy but I'm not thin either. I have curves, a butt, hips, and thighs. No matter how much Fishing wire & Crisco you have I'm pretty damn sure I am NOT going to fit into the same thong that would fit Heidi Klum. It's called "The Lacie". Here's the link if you don't believe me. The Lacie I dunno. Call me a skeptic, but I don't believe it. Do you?????? Is it a magic thong that somehow fits to every body type?? I highly doubt it cuz they are not a technology company nor do they sell magic wands. Who the hell knows. I love lingerie but yeesh I'm not going to spend $16 on something that may not fit that's not returnable. Maybe it's just me that finds this Weird??

Well I'm happy I now have a tree up. It's officially Christmas to me. Happy Merry almost Christmas. Til Tomorrow...

Title of post is a line from "The Devil wears Prada".

25 comments:

Jessi said...

Whoa, hold up... one size?? What on earth are they thinking?? Crazy Vickie's... :)

Zoe said...

Lovely stuff u got, I love the purse and I am also addicted to victorian figurines and I love the resin mask u got for ur mom^^
Happy Early Christmas , ur christmas tree looks really cute*

PinkBow said...

oh i love to see flea-market finds!!

Barry said...

Something I don't pay much attention to: purses. But wow, great score! For three bucks how can you go wrong?

Something I DO pay attention to: lingerie. I checked the link...sexy. But one size fits all? Pretty much impossible I'd say, considering what 'all' sizes would have to be accomodated.

Fishing wire and Crisco? Ha ha, that paints a very interesting picture. You're hilarious Melanie!! :)

Kate said...

Nice finds - I am beginning to panic about the amount of Christmas shopping I need to do.

Kate xx
http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com

Leah said...

Magic thong? Hahaha! I don't believe it either. Love the purse that you bought.

Little Ms Blogger said...

For $10 you really scored.

A one-size-fits-all thong...even I who believes in Christmas miracles, doesn't believe this.

Bathwater said...

I know you link to Miranda Kerr wearing that thong just to tease me. Think you should have bought it. Good reuse of a tree by the why! You never know what you will find at thrift stores I actually like looking there too, though it is mostly a woman's market.

Richard said...

That's a lovely post, but most of all I think you should win an award for the title of this post: it's fantastic!

Toothfairy said...

hahahhaa... I'm not sure about that one size fits all thong either... In fact, I think a super big butt would totally feel the thong in the butt :P

loves

Tights Lover said...

I've seen the thong you speak of and I passed on it. How can something like that be one size fits all? Great post!

Rachael said...

Ah that thong sounds very random - and I totally get your point! Loving the Christmas tree and your finds - they are fabulous especially that handbag! Gorgeous colours!

BonjourRomance said...

Great finds!
WIshing you a very Merry Christmas!

Rachel Follett said...

Score! Love the tree!

Sierra said...

Those are some great finds love, good job! :) About the thong...I am not quite sure if can fit absolutely everyone, ha ha, too funny!

courtney said...

I bet the Lacie (weird name btw) is like those Hanky Pantys (I think that is what they are called)

I know they are one size fits all and people rave about them!

Brent said...

LOL! "Crisco and fishing wire". I would go back and buy the magic thong! But that's just me... Merry Christmas Melanie!

drollgirl said...

i love that little red and black bag!

and there is no way a thong can fit all sizes. no farking way!

Iva Messy said...

such a cute little bag!!

Anonymous said...

The Lacie would only fit me if I wore it like a patch!

Amanda said...

I am skeptical about the Lacie, too! I just don't see how it could work. Wacky panties!!

Melanie's Randomness said...

I think I'm going to have to buy this "Lacie" thong. Of course I'm going to buy it in black & write a review because it is just too funny. When i get the next Victoria Secret coupon for like "Money off" I will invest the $16 for it. I have to know!!!!!!!!!!! =)

Bathwater said...

Well now we will be waiting for your review and the link to your picture ;).

Fifi Flowers said...

Merry Christmas... ENJOY!!!

Heather Rose said...

That whole Lacie deal sounds like another sick joke to make women feel like their bodies are even more unacceptable.

Don't you dare post a pic at Mr. Bathwater's request! Not that I think you would. Just saying. Shame on him!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails