Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Stolen Moments...A Big One....


There is too many this week to chit chat so here are my Stolen Moments of the Week....

~Finding a Big 40" TV in one of my best friend's garbage rooms in her apartment building. She went out to throw out her garbage and then she returns saying, "Hey Mel, want a big screen TV?". We thought it odd that someone would throw out a TV with the clickers and plug taped to it....well Good News: IT WORKS!!!! Bad News: the speakers suck and are a lil busted. No problem, if it's not that expensive I'll buy new ones! One ladies trash is another ladies treasure....~ 

~I had Cj's work party to go to today and it was alot of fun! They had a petting zoo of baby chicks. Soo cute! They also had a mini pony named Dora...it was totally an explorer cuz it got out of her lil cage. It was okay tho she only went to the hot dog part and ate one! hehe. What rocked was CJ and I took a lil paddleboat around the lake. It was straight out of a romantic comedy! ~


"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life." - Easy A

~Well sometimes life is an 80's movie. CJ turned to me on Saturday night and told me that the reason why he's been acting so weird is that he was building up asking me something. He asked me about sitting down and talking about moving in together. I said okay. One of the reasons why he wanted the break was to get himself together and to find out if he was ready for this commitment. Yes he is...and I think so am I. After this we sang songs from The Cars, the Vega Boys, Chicago, and any other cheezy song you can think of...I love him so much!

"He is just what I needed..." - The Cars

~ Having breakfast on Saturday morning with my mom. She made me french toast with cinnamon and powdered sugar. I felt just like a lil kid again and we reviewed our week. Moving out of my parent's house has really improved my relationship with my parents. I think we all too much on top of each other all the time. Now when I visit we can visit and enjoy the time. My move was the best thing I ever did. Seriously.~

 
~On Wednesday night I went to a Chilean wine tasting with my friend Erin from my last cupcake class. (Hi! Erin) I will go more into detail later in the week. I had decided to facebook her and found out she was going to this wine tasting. It was awesome to see her and I hope we don't let too much time go by before we hang out again!! I got deliciously drunk and thankfully I didn't drive so I really enjoyed myself! More to come! ~

~One last thing. True Blood rocks...Alexander Skaasgard is the hottest man ever! I can't wait to see more this season! Can't wait!!~

Those are my special moments this weekend...

What were your STOLEN MOMENTS this week?

10 comments:

Karena said...

Hi Melanie,

I am so excited for you!!

Isabella went with me to open studio on Friday night to paint. They were having a mini class on making lip gloss which she joined!

Then we went to the New Trader Joes practically across the street from me! So excited to finally have them here in KC!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Exciting New Giveaway from Dr Perricone! Come and Enter!

Shannon said...

Whoa to moving in together! Is this going to happen soon?

And YES to True Blood. Although, I think the actor who plays Alcide gives Eric a run for his money in the hottie department. :)

Unknown said...

u had a great week babes! - SO happy about that - i think every moment of my life is a stolen moment i shouldn't have - i'm VERY lucky to be here and see the beauty of the world and it's miracles!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Amanda said...

I'm glad things are going so well!! YAy!!
I have a stolen moment, too!!

I am dating again, and I met the sweetest guy about three weeks ago :)
Yesterday we hung out all day, went to a water park and chilled out together, and he told me "I adore you."
I'm a happy lady :)

Melissa Blake said...

sounds like you had a great weekend! I love that quote! I've been meaning to see Easy A! :)

Jennifer Fabulous said...

This is like the best post EVER!!! I love how happy endings just come when you least suspect it. Like straight out of a movie!

The big screen tv is awesome! Congrats on the find. :)

And I'm soooo thrilled that CJ finally not only communicated his feelings with you, but the break turned out to be a GOOD thing!! Yay!

I'm so excited about this new step of your relationship. Good luck, hon! xoxo

Pretty Zesty said...

Very exciting about the move in. Congrats!

Ice Queen said...

You're definitely right about the space away from your parents. My mom and I had the best relationship when I was living the next state over. You cherish your time together more.

Bathwater said...

Of course moving was the best thing you ever did. Enjoy the freedom before you get that roommate!

ErinB said...

Hi Mel! The wine tasting was fun. We'll have to do dinner for our moms sometime soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails