Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Instead of Cake Fondant I used Chocolate! What a difference!


Alas, tonight was my last cupcake class. It went by too fast. Instead of doing more buttercream cupcakes my mom decided to teach us something a lil different. She isn't a fan of fondant icing and neither am I because it never has enough taste for us soo we looked to other means of decorating. Fondant is primarily what The Cake Boss uses to make all his creations. It can be molded into beautiful things but there is alternative ways to do the same thing.

Some people make Candy Clay which is basically chocolate melts & light corn syrup instead of the marshmallow that is fondant. If interested here is the link to the Wilton page for it. Candy Clay. My mom saw the recipe and knew it was going to be her last class activity. We prepared 1 recipe in several different colors for the class and got down to business.


Using the fondant sculpting tools & a rolling pin purchased at Ac Moore & Michael's we made some cute lil marvels. 

  It all starts when you roll out the candy clay and start using the cut-outs. It's as simple as that.The white stuff is powdered sugar which I sprinkled on it so it wouldn't stick to the rolling pin.

 Using the fondant cut-outs I made this spiral flower. You can even use cookie cutters in this candy clay if you wanted to. These can then be placed on a cake or the top of a cupcake for an extra chocolate treat.
 
  It all starts when you roll out the candy clay and start using the cut-outs. It's as simple as that.


 Then you can take it to the next step and mold yourself a rose...Maybe I'll do that in a future tutorial here...

It was nice to do something different. Some of the inspiration my Mom took for her class was from watching Youtube videos too. If you put it in Cupcakes a field of possibilities for motivation will come up!

What's next for my Cupcake Passion? Well my Mom asked me tonight if I would like to take over the class and become the Teacher...I happily said yes! She's going to talk to the Board of Adult Education but it should be fine for me to step in!! Woohoo!! Can't wait!! =)

Well I got some candy clay to try out...See you tomorrow! =)

Follow Melanies Randomness

11 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

I would so love to come and take your class! That is awesome. What are you going to teach? BTW- your roses are off the hook!

Shannon said...

omg- how cool would it be to teach the class!!? that rocks.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

How cool, very exciting!

Pretty Zesty said...

That is so awesome! The rose looks beautiful!

Unknown said...

that looks amaaaazing, especially the rose! <3 xx

Diana Mieczan said...

How fantastic that you will teach the class:) I wish I could join in and learn how to make those amazing roses:) Wish you a great Thursday, darling
Kisses

Ps: I’m hosting a stunning Sima Gilady jewelry GIVEAWAY today!

Rachael said...

gosh that flower looks brilliant! Good luck with the class teaching!

Lin said...

Wauw, amazing ♥

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

they are adorable and i bet delicious! i wish i knew how to bake like this!

Lady Grey said...

That rose turned out incredibly well! I bet you'd make a great teacher - you should definitely go for it!
xo

angie said...

cute diy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails