Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What a Nightmare...

When it comes to owning your own home there are going to be "One of those Days...". I'm in one. BIG TIME. Everything was going sort of okay like I saved a whole bunch of money in Bed Bath & Beyond when I bought a new shower head, but then it slowing went down hill from there. It started at Ikea.

My Mom & I went to Ikea & began to fight because I said the food court was on one level but she wouldn't believe me so she had to prove me wrong but I was actually right because low & behold the food court was where I said it was. NEXT thing, the bookcase we bought wouldn't fit in the car, so we had to return it for right now. They didn't have the legs for the table I wanted because you have to assemble EVERYTHING & buy everything SEPARATELY so I got white for white instead of white & red. But all in all it was alright.

THEN....I go to Guitar Center to buy CJ a gift & buy it. Buttt then I looked at the package & it was all dog eared & ripped. I figured that's why the guy just pulled it from the shelf & didn't let me look at it. I had to return it.

Ohhhh yeahhh so I didn't realize at this point that I didn't have my phone. Until I got back to the car. I frustratedly looked for it but then decided to go back to the store to find it. These two people saw me looking in the path to the store & said, "Did You Loose a Phone??". Yeah I had. But my phone got run over or something because it barely works. FUCK!!! Yeahh...

THEN I start putting together the Bed Frame my Aunt Mary gave me for the mattress and GUESS WHAT?? It's for a Full bed NOT a Queen Sized Bed. Sooo I can't move in tonight. Greeaaaaaaaatttt.

I really haven't ranted on this blog for a while so I apologize for this, but it's been a Nightmare of a Day. I think I need a drink.

I'll be back later after I calm down because I did get some nice stuff at Ikea I can't wait to show you. See you all in a few!

19 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Ohhh no!!! Im so sorry,sweetie...I hate days like that too...Have a nice drink and see you later
Kisses

Katy Mary said...

Yikes, what a day!! Definitely get yourself a drink Girl. Everything will work out.

Jennifer Fabulous said...

I started feeling stressed out just READING this. Omg. I can't even imagine what you went through. That is a nightmare. But you're right, days like that go with the territory of owning a home. And those days most often happen in the beginning when you need to buy everything. Sigh.

I hope the decorating process gets a lot easier hon! Don't let the stress bring you down. Have that drink and chill. xoxo

Meghan said...

Aww! I think we all have those days! I hope it gets better! Sending good thoughts your way!

the Tsaritsa said...

Oh no, that sucks!! I'm sorry your phone got run over, that's no fun. Hopefully your week gets better. Ikea always makes me stressed, too.

btd. said...

It's okay to rant, bloggers all have that day. It does seem like you endured disaster after disaster but you'll get through it!

Anonymous said...

I never start my day at Ikea! It may have cheap furniture but my lord does it cause arguements! I hope you're enjoying your new home :)

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Bleh I hate those days. Hope things get better!

Christina Harper said...

Just stay calm and kill the queen... no, just trying to make you laugh. :) It'll be cool though. Like you said, we all have those days where nothing goes right. I'm sorry yours was today and that you had SO MUCH go wrong. :( I <3 you, if that makes you feel any better.

Chrissy said...

Oh no, I know those days!!! Hope you feel better soon! Seems like everything always happens at the same time!

Betsey said...

oh my gosh, definitely sounds like a horrible day!!!
well, on the bright side, tomorrow will definitely be better! :)

Michelle Schraudner said...

Oh noooo!! Well have a really good drink (or 3) and make CJ give you a back rub or something!

Tiffany Kadani said...

My advice to you: never ever ever lose an Ikea receipt. Scan it, laminate it, take a picture. Your life will be miserable without it.

Sorry your day was not a good one. Your rant is totally justified.

Lish said...

Definitely sounds like you need a drink after that day. Sorry it was such a bad one.

Audrey Allure said...

Oh man, what an eventful day. At least you got some cute stuff at IKEA :)

a little black cloud in a dress said...

I hope your evening got better. We've had a crazy week here. It's the damn holiday spirit! lol Merry Christmas to you!

Constar said...

oh it always starts at ikea believe me! lol! but i guess that sort of thing happens when you get your own place and need to settle in! cant wait until i have those problems *sigh* Merry Christmas!

J said...

Man, I'm sorry. I hope things get better...

And I wish I could say something more...

Sierra said...

Sorry you didn't have a super great day, I can't wait to see your finds from Ikea though!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails