Monday, June 28, 2010

It's times like these you learn to live again....


This weekend seemed like it was a year long because I just did so much & a decision changed my life. A bar concert, meeting CJ’s best friend, Dim Sum in NYC china town with CJ, getting lost in the city looking for parking, going to the Metropolitan museum of Art, wine & pizza, & then 2 family parties of Cj’s all in 3 days. But after all of that I now have a boyfriend. A real facebook status, “In a relationship” boyfriend. I haven’t had a real boyfriend where it wasn’t just a drama disaster or even where we called each other boyfriend & girlfriend since I believe 2003. Yeah I know that’s a long time. After the weekend we had, CJ asked me if he had scared me away from all his family parties he took me too & was like I really like you & I don’t want to be rejected & I want you to be in my life…so I just blurted out,

“Of course you didn’t scare me away, I would love to be your girlfriend.”

Early on Sunday we had that awkward conversation of, “Hey Mel what do I introduce you as.” I had said just tell them I’m the girl your dating. Went in dating, came out a couple. It was a great moment & there was even fireworks at the end of the night. Hehe.

Fourth of July festivities started this weekend so we got to lay on grass later & see an awesome fireworks & walk through the crowds holding hands. I never thought I was the girl who would like that but I guess I am. Our conversations flow, we like the same music, same movies, our parents know each other already so that’s half the battle, & we haven’t even had an argument yet!! *Knock on Wood*

I actually think I got the best compliment ever from CJ:

“I’m shocked that even after a month of dating you’re not a psycho. I’m not used to that.”

Apparently girls where we live are psychos? Nahh. I thought it was funny. Saturday at the Metropolitian museum was amazing. I want to spend hours & hours there looking in all the rooms & seeing all the beautiful works of art. It’s like you see one gorgeous sculpture & then bam you turn the corner & that goes right out the window because its more beautiful then you can imagine. There is even an Egyptian temple there that took my breath away. Gorgeous. CJ & I walked through the whole first floor & to tell you guys how big it is it took us at least 3 hours. Uh-huh that long. =)


So what to do now? Enjoy. I told CJ that he’s about 80 steps ahead of me while I’m 10 steps into the relationship so I hope we can meet somewhere in the middle & enjoy one another’s companionship at least for a lil while. This is still all new to me. Having a guy who wants to be near me, who will steal a kiss from me when I’m not looking, a guy who wants to show me to his family, a guy who is content with watching a zombie movie, eating pizza, & drinking wine, & someone who told me, “To me your perfect.” It’s surreal to me still to say “Boyfriend”…I look forward to getting used to it. =)


I recently received 2 awards by lovely ladies & I will do them later in the week. It’s so hot here so I’m grateful for air conditioning. Work has been crazy too. I have been handed a big project but I’m going to head into it head first. Everything is so new, but its working. I’m loving times like these….

Title of Post: Lyrics from “Times like these” by the Foo Foo Fighters.

26 comments:

angel6033 said...

Congrats on having a "Facebook In a relationship status" boyfriend :)! I am happy for you, those days sound like they were amazing, I wish I could go visit that museum myself, hopefully soon I will :)!

Claire Kiefer said...

so glad things are going so well! Do we get to see a picture of CJ???

Anne said...

So you liked Temple of Dendur - it's one of my favourite places, whenever I am in NY, I go see it.

Sounds like you're already having a blast of a summer - you deserve it :o)

Leah said...

What can I say? Enjoy these moments Mel... you truly deserve this. I'm so happy for you. xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

First let me say well done on the awards...Yuppie!!! And now I have to say how happy I am for you...Ohhh so sweet..I was reading this post and smiling all the time...Kisses darling and have a wonderful day:)
muah

Tayebug said...

Ahhhh, the beginning of the "boyfriend, girlfriend" phase is the BEST!! Everything is so new and exciting, I'm jealous just thinking about it!:-) Congratulations and have FUN!

911 and the Randomness.. said...

Oh Mel I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!! Reading this I can almost feel your excitment and joy/wonder at this all. Congrats on the fun and amazing turn life brought you! :)

just call me jo said...

You are absolutely twitterpated. I'm happy for you.

tess said...

I'm glad so many things are going well for you now! You deserve this! You and CJ seem at a healthy state in your relationship right now, very comfortable. congrats on being the official girlfriend, that's exciting! I think you've found a great guy and obviously he's found a great non-pyschotic girl HAHA

Sana said...

yayy! Glad your weekend went well and you're officially "in a relationship" :)

Silver Strands said...

Well, congratulations. I'm happy for you!
oxox
Denalee

Couture Carrie said...

Woo hoo congrats, darling!

Love that Foo Fighters song!

xoxox,
CC

Susan R. Mills said...

Wow! I've obviously missed a lot of excitement around here while I was on blog break. I'm so happy for you! I hope things with C.J. continue to go well.

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

Oh yey! I'm super super super happy for you Mel! Wooohooo....I hope this relationship will continue to blossom into something beautiful.

Rich Life Revival said...

Awwwwww I think he sounds amazing! I think you two make a great couple :) I can't wait to see him with you!

Soak it up girl! Patience is a virtue eh?

No news on my end to report - Clayton's been MIA and I'm sick:( yuck!

Simply Colette said...

I'm so happy Miss Melanie! Finally you are getting treated the way you should... :)

Barbara von Enger said...

Am happy that you are happy and that life is being kind to you.
Have a nice day;-)

Little Ms Blogger said...

One word: YAY!

Sierra said...

I've missed out on a lot of your posts but so glad I got to see this one!! I am so excited for you that you found a guy that is treating you right and that finds you perfect, that is so sweet and I'm happy for you!

drollgirl said...

CONGRATULATIONS ON LANDING A BOYFRIEND! that is rad!! and he seems fab, and you are having a nice time together. that is SUPER!!!

bananas. said...

oh the big fb status change...mmhmm. that's when you know it's real ;)

congrats lady! not that you need a man but it's fun when you have one.

Anonymous said...

I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

So does he have an older brother or cousin! LOL!
I AM TOTALLY KIDDING!

Enjoy! xoxo

Amanda said...

How exciting!! I'm so happy for you!! And yay to official 'in a relationship' status on facebook! lol I've actually been wishing lately that I could say the same.

Heather Taylor said...

Melanie!!! This is all so wonderful and exciting! I'm so HAPPY for you! Facebook relationship status' are a big, big deal. I love this so much because you deserve it! Awww :)

o said...

omgosh, i've missed so much! congrats, melanie!! i'm so glad u found someone who truly treasures u:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

dulci said...

Love Actually is the best movie!!!!

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails