Monday, September 14, 2009

Just hit the hell out of it...


Today just made me frazzled. I took this pic when I got home from work. I like the effect of the dashboard. I work for a kinda advertising firm where I index the phonebook so people can see their advertisements in the phonebook online. Well at this job I work with 5 very very sports-crazed men. There's no other woman in my office. I think today I went a wee bit nuts from it. The overlapping of the football, the baseball, the golf, the tennis, the car racing, then the high school football chatter pushed me over the edge. My brain is just mush from listening to it all. I forgot my headphones to listen to music so I was a bit stuck.

If guys ever say, "Oh we don't gossip and talk alot"...That's a lie. When you give 5 guys a topic they all like...Dum Dun Dun...they can talk for hours and hours and hours. I really wished they'd hire another girl so I'd have someone to talk too. I'm drowning here.

Therefore I went to the driving golf range today. I'm not that athletic now but I do like to hit the hell out of the golf balls. I have no form, sometimes the ball goes straight if I'm lucky but I can hit that thing over 150 yards. Maybe one day in the future I'll have to golf for a job so I guess I'm practicing. But Whew it's soooo therapeutic.

Some people take Tae Bow, or take Kickboxing...I go to the driving range to get out my rage. hehe. It's cheap too & you can hit the ball as hard as you want. IF YOU GO BRING A GLOVE!!! Your hands will hurt after if you dont.

It also was a good workout. I hate going to the gym and doing the same thing over & over. I need to mix up the activities. Mindless Activities that just clear your head Rule. I was great on my diet today. I went and got a salad for lunch. Lunch is always a problem for me because I never know what to eat but I'm usually ridicolously hungry so I eat too much or wind up goin to Taco Bell. The salad tho kinda worked. I wasn't hungry after. I had cucumbers, baby corn, olives, baby spinach, artichoke hearts, blueberries, red cabbage, peppers, mozzarella balls, & broccli with cauliflower. It's a healthy start. Well the mozzarella balls aren't but you need to splurge some. =P

But I'm a victim to the "I sit at my desk & snack" curse. I think it's because I'm bored & trying to drown out the sports talk. Soo my culprit is the Quaker's Rice Cake bites. I'm horrifically addicted to the Caramel Corn ones. Actually it's not tooo too bad it's only 60 calories per 7 cakes...but it's a bad thing when you eat a bag a day right??? Okay MUST NOT BUY ANYMORE OF THEM!!! (Just finish the 3 bags I bought yesterday hehe)

I'm tired. Really tired and it's only Monday. Sigh. Totally doing a full double cup of coffee tomorrow. (Geez don't ever live near a train, mine's horn keeps going off, cuz its' omg loud.) This Mucha painting lady has the right idea. So Sweet dreams everyone.

Sleep is an absolutely beautiful word.

6 comments:

Becky Tjandera said...

aww i always eat snacks when i watch TV ! that's a bad habit :(

Pixel Wild Child said...

Oh you lucky woman! I am sure the guys at the office have you like a queen! ;O) I always work in environments full of women, with 1 or 2 men... that would be fun for a change!!!

Barry said...

Melanie,

I feel your pain re: sports talk. I'm much more into the Arts than sports. (As a guy, just TRY finding another guy you can talk about the arts with. "Hey dude, have you read this poem?" Yeah right, doesn't happen.) One of my staff was a huge hockey fan, it's all I heard around here when the season came. Can't relate whatsoever, it bores me. And it just perpetuates the stereotype of men and sports. And yes, guys can talk endlessly too. :)

You list Engineering on your profile. Sounds interesting, where does that fit in?

Barry

PS: I liked your post on 9/11, I thought it was quite introspective and respectful to those who had fallen.

Simply Colette said...

Cute post. My boyfriend loves the Chocolate rice cakes. My favorite is the Nacho Cheese. I snack on those at my desk too. ;) The driving range as a stress relief... that sounds fun! :)

xoxo, nicolette

Melanie's Randomness said...

In reference to Barry I have a degree in Engineering Science & a Math degree so I put that my industry is engineering, hoping one day I'll end up where I want to be in that field. I do the phonebook job to pay my bills. It's soo hard to find an engineering job without 10-15 years experience but I will persevere and maybe one day I'll have it! =)

You Are My Fave said...

It's nice to meet a fellow Melanie and desk snacker!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails