Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"That's what I do...I invented Post-its!"


Turn the Page. Today I recieved my College Yearbook!! Yes, I graduated in May 2009 and just FINALLY got it today! They said there was a problem or something?!?! Anywho, I thought my picture came out pretty good! However my hand looks like it's growing out of my chest. lol.

I was looking back at my high school yearbook and Woa I've changed. And btw it took me 6 years to get my Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics & 4 different colleges. I've been to Rockland Community College, Rutgers University, Bergen Community College, and then St. Thomas Acquainis college. It was a really long long journey. I've said this before and I will say it again, "Whoever said college will only take you 4 years tops! seriously must have not gone to college". I have to say I'm proud that I stayed with it and finally finished. It's an accomplishment I take a lot of pride in. When I graduated high school I never thought my life would be the way it is now.

But, Honestly, my life started after high school. I felt like I was finally myself. Here's my picture from June 2003.


Looking back, it's weird to see how different you look. I wear make-up now for starters. hehe. I think I need a new hair-style tho, because it's the same in both pics. Oops! lol.

Have you ever looked back on old pictures and see how much you've changed?



Ironically, this past weekend I saw about 15 people I knew back in high school. Maybe I won't have to go to the reunion in only 4 years. It was a serious "Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion" moment. I was just acking for someone to ask me, "What have you been up to?" So I can say, "That's what I do, I invented Post-its," like Michele says in the movie. hehe. Or claim that I'm a "Business Woman". I love this movie. It is one of my all-time favorites. Lisa Kudrow is hysterical!! Ohh high school and it's silly dramas. I really don't expect much from the people I went to high school with when I happen to bump into people I never really talked to(a.k.a the bitchy populars). All I expect is a, "Hey! How ya doin? Oh that's good! Catch ya later". THAT'S IT!! What really bothers me is when people totally ignore you like they never sat next to you in Biology. Come on, I think people should show some fraction of respect. We all know you know who I am and I you, so be nice and at least just say Hi. Ya know?

I, at least, just say hi or wave.

Well, I'll admit I have no clue who almost 99% of the people are in my college yearbook, but it's a nice memento to have for yourself. I think tho, I'm gunna try to re-vamp myself like Romy & Michele did in the end of the movie and find my own personal style. I want to be who I really am. Romy & Michele were themselves and I gotta remember that's what truly mattered in the end.

So, "Let's fold Scarves" - Michele

12 comments:

daisy kate said...

Oh I hate the people like that from my school, I only left two years ago, and ironically all of the "populars" are now very unpopular, ha! :) yet they still can't say hello. thank you for your comments on my blog :) www.dazedyoungmess.blogspot.com

Brigitte said...

Actually you look a lot like one of the Kardashians!

Wow, a Bachelor's in math.... I'm definitely not "logic" enough for that. I've never finished an equation once in my life.
I wonder how hard it must be in college! Oh good lord.... O-O

fromagebri.wordpress.com

debra@dustjacket said...

I LOVE that movie. I said on another blog the other day that everytime I hear post it's I think of the movie.

You have done so well getting though, it can be tough. Way to go.
xoxo

Ice Queen said...

I loved that movie and I would kill to own those dresses at the end. You do your thing!

Next time someone doesn't say hi just say "we don't give a flying f*** what you think". =)

Jennifer Fabulous said...

You are so pretty!! I wish I looked half as good in any of my yearbooks. Lol. I didn't get a college yearbook though. I think my school was too large to have one...? Who knows.
Oh gosh, you're making me nervous with your reunion talk. Mine is coming up in three years...yikes! But with facebook, I already know what everyone is doing. Kind of makes my driving 24 hours across the country pretty pointless. Haha.
But yeah, those "popular" bitches from high school are way out of their glory days now. Sucks to be them. :)

Sierra said...

Wow, can't believe you just received the yearbook now, that's crazy! I changed a lot from that time into college a well, I think that is when we truly learn who we are as individuals. Take your time deciding what you want to do love, there are no limitations. Oh, and so glad my post helped about fears...have a great day sweetie!

Susan R. Mills said...

I was just at my high school reunion this summer. I realized that the only people I really cared about seeing were ones I keep in touch with anyway. It was kind of a waste of time, if you ask me. And, by the way, I think both of your yearbook pictures are great!

Jay Ferris said...

These photos are totally going to get a lot of press when you become famous for resolving the Goldman Conjecture.

Susan said...

Love your blog! I also love Romy and Michelle, awesome movie xx

Scientific Housewife said...

I love that movie, I'm always scared that's going to happen to me!

Michelle Schraudner said...

Oh my gosh, I try not to look at old photos because I hate them all so much! I think lessons on make-up should be mandatory at the start of high school, just to make things a little easier!

Simply Colette said...

Oh my god! I love this post! Way funny, and you are so beautiful even without makeup. Love your hair. That movie is the best, I bought the soundtrack and my best friend made a dance to Stayin Alive!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails