Tonight I went to see “Eat Pray Love” with my Mom & Omg I loved it. I didn’t read the book so I was going into it fresh & I thought it was wonderfully done. It made you smile, cry, laugh, & think about yourself. In a year this lady goes to Italy, India, & Bali and wow it was an adventure. I’m so jealous of Julia Roberts right now because she got to go to all these places & experience marvels not many people have. She changed her life in a year… It seems a year’s time is very important. Someone can transform into someone completely different with one lil push forward.
Another of my favorite movies was “Julie & Julia” where the main character Julie also transformed her life by cooking her way through Julia Child’s cookbook in oh wait…a year. These movies got me thinking how much I’ve changed in a year’s time. I’m a way different person than I was when I started this blog a year ago. My real intention for this blog was something to do while waiting for my Mess Ex to come back to me. He did for a lil but for the better left me to live my life without him. It’s probably been one of the best things that has happened in my life. I emerged from the twisted cage & started to live again. In a year….my world has been turned upside down, twirled, & then I was right side up. Wow the things I’ve done.
In a year I have:
- Bought my own condo
- Traveled to 3 states I’ve never been too; Illinois, Massachusetts, & Rhode Island
- One man broke my heart & now another man ironically with the same name is putting back the pieces.
- Built strong friendships with some of my best friends & lost a best friend
- Remembered to smile.
- Learned to cook more than just prepare
- Had 2 surgeries for health reasons & got through it: gall bladder & fibroids
- My mom told me she was a proud of me.
- Finally went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Began writing my zombie novel.
- Ah yes…I didn’t give up when I thought it was the only option. I pushed forward.
Who knows where I’lll wind up in another year? I think I’m finally headed in the right direction. I took some wrong forks in the road but there is no GPS system of life. You have to make mistakes to know what’s right. You have to hurt to heal & ohhh it can hurt. But you can land on your feet. I feel so motivated from that movie. I want to do more in this next year & just keep growing… Catch me if you can. =)
I’d love to hear.