Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stolen Moments Sunday...


Whew! Somehow I did it all this weekend. I got on that wild ride. Everything that was on my planner got crossed off with ease.  Well…sort of. When you least expect it you might have to run out in a frigid wintery night and call an ambulance because a neighbor found a man lying way too still on the cold ground. You could have a déjà vu moment of a night 46 years ago & get lost in the music. There might be warm arms to lay on as you drift off to sleep. There…Hey let me just explain. =)

Here are my Stolen Moments of the Weekend:

~One of CJ’s neighbor’s knocked on his door at 10pm saying that she found a man lying on the ground in the parking lot. I called 911 as Cj ran to the scene. Thank God he wasn’t dead just unconscious. We got him talking & saw he had a bump on the head. CJ had never seen him before so we gave our info & let the ambulance take him. Cj was a mni hero talking to the guy keeping his head elevated. The man must have slipped on the ice? At least the neighbor saw him, who knows what could have happened.~

~DO NOT TAKE A VEGETARIAN TO A DIM SUM RESTAURANT! There is only pork & shrimp. Needless to say I felt bad so I bought her a bottle of wine. She was cool with it tho. Next time REVIEW MENU FIRST!~

~I took my Dad to see Tron Legacy. I loved the film. It was so for the fans! But what was great was seeing it with my Dad & him thanking me after. He had a great day. It was awesome.~

~CJ’s cat looking for a place between us to snuggle in to be petted. CJ was too asleep so I moved to let her in. She purred like a storm but it was too cute!~

 ~At the Beatles Tribute concert a man yelled, “We miss you John” as the 1964 counterpart sang. It was touching.~

~FINALLY getting a refrigerator that DOESN’T have a dent in it. The new one is completely Dent Free! Thanks Mom for waking up early for it. I love you.~

~My Aunt finally seeing my new place semi decorated. She thought it was adorable.~

~I made my first Omelet EVER! Yeah, I sort of de-flowered my kitchen. Hehe. It looks messy but it was a simple one with sautéed mushrooms, chives, & swiss cheese. Hmmm….yummy! ~

~Going to Carnegie Hall for the first time! The acoustics sounded beautiful! ~


~I sat between CJ & my Dad watching Tron Legacy.  I’ve never had a boyfriend I can take out with my Dad to the movies. I think I have chosen wisely…I love him so much~

So, What were your Stolen Moments this Weekend?

Tomorrow I’m going to talk about the Beatles Tribute Concert. It was an amazing experience! I’ve also been in my place a Month!!! Boy have I learned a lot. I can’t wait to share. So come back tomorrow to start off this productive week! Have a good Monday!
 

Follow Melanies Randomness

17 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

So sweet about hanging out with your dad and CJ. That's exactly what I want in a relationship--someone who feels comfortable around my family. And as for the dim sum thing--I'm a vegetarian and someone took me to a dim sum restaurant once--no fun!! I can usually find something anywhere, but not there, haha.

Audrey Allure said...

Sounds like such wonderful moments :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel, Congrats on getting a new place and looks like you have a new boo! Yay girl!!! :o) So happy for you! Looks like your life is really coming together!

Christopher said...

Way to be a good Samaritan. Good thing someone saw him, you can only stay out in the cold like this for so long.

My omelets never look pretty but they always taste delicious. I think so anyway.

Lady Grey said...

I've always wanted to go to Carnegie Hall.

That's pretty cute that you just made your first omelette ever.
oxo
Have a great start to your week.

Jessica Turnbow said...

Wow, quite a weekend!

Unknown said...

everyone coming tomorrow are vegitatians - but they eat seafood - lets just pray NO snow/ice!!!

i had a great weekend - sounds like u did too - YAYY!

btw we so should meet up in the spring - 2 Jersey gals :o)

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

the southern hostess said...

What a weekend!

Diana Mieczan said...

You had a busy weekend,sweetie..Wow!!! So glad that you had a great time watching the Tron Legacy:)
Btw: I have something special for you on my blog. Just check out the morning post...You won the necklace giveaway:) Please send me your mailing details so we can ship the necklace to you:) Congrats, darling
Happy Monday

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend lady, you were so busy!

tess said...

Omlettes are a lot harder to make than one would think, yours looks delicious!

I'm glad that guy turned out to be okay, you guys must've gotten to him in the nick of time. Scary thought to just fall over on ice like that.

Stolen moments for me:
*winning a pub quiz with my friends. We had to split the $40 pot among 6 people, so I $6, but hey that'll buy a few drinks.

*aimlessly trying to find a cafe with my friend on Sunday for a late afternoon snack only to go back to our favorite german bakery and splurge on delicious authentic strudel!

(oh and as for your comment on my blog, Dylan/Dave are both pseudonyms. One of them does actually have a name that starts with a D, but the other one's real name starts with an S. However I do have an embarrassing pattern of having one-off makeout sessions with men named Henry. It's happened twice! ;)

Michelle Schraudner said...

Yay! I love when my cat cuddles up between Jordan and me in bed, it's the sweetest feeling ever. So cute that CJ's cat does that too!

Bonnie said...

Stolen moment from this weekend: Reading "Damn You, Auto Correct" (search Google for this blog -- amazeballs). It makes me feel good about my life.

http://glamkittenslitterbox.blogspot.com/

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'd be cool with the vino in the absence of veggie dishes! HAHA

911 and the Randomness.. said...

That sounds amazing! I have so missed reading blogs!! My stolen moments this weekend included a day off to read blogs, watching the Packers with my best friend, and watching my husband make lasagana for dinner because he's so wonderful like that. :)

Mary @ stylefyles said...

Wow, crazy weekend! Glad to hear you two managed to save a dude. Love that photo from Where the Wild things Are, heh heh. Good shot.

Umm, let's see, from my weekend, I pick: wine tasting with my parents and boyf. in Santa Monica with a view of the Pacific Ocean. That was rather nice.

And for a not-so-nice moment.....getting stuck in traffic on the 101. Woooomp womp.

Jennifer Fabulous said...

It looks like you had a fabulous weekend!! I'm glad it was awesome. I hope your week is just as magical. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails