Monday, January 3, 2011

Oooo An Awesome Wrap-Up the End of Year Survey!


1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Traveled to states I’d never been! Chicago, Rhode Island, Delaware & Maryland.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t think I kept any of them. I gotta check that out ASAP!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, an old friend of mine had a baby girl! She is soo cute & looks like a lil doll!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Unfortunately yes. RIP Mary Lou & Lydia May.

5. What countries did you visit? Stayed in the U.S. but yeah saw states I’d never been to.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? More true friends.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 26…my first date with CJ. <3

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Buying my own condo.

9. What was your biggest failure? Remaining at my current job. I really need to get a new one before March 31st.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I have fibriotic cystic disease so I did have to have surgery last May to remove a fibroid. It was a success tho! =)

11. What was the best thing you bought? My ipod!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Cj. I’m such a lucky girl to have him.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My friend Debra. She will be discussed in later posts & I plan on distancing myself more & more from her this year.

14. Where did most of your money go? Buying the condo. But it was for the best & a great investment! =)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to Chicago. It meant that CJ & I were really a couple & I had ALWAYS wanted to go there.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010? “Last night on Earth” by Green Day

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
a) Happier!
b) Fatter
c) sort of on the fence – neither richer nor poorer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Writing. I miss my novel.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Procrasinating & stressing myself out.

20. How did you spend Christmas? Split the time between my family & CJ’s family. We managed to squeeze it all in. Whew!

21. Did you fall in love in 2010? Absolutely. =)

22. What was your favorite TV program? True Blood & Modern Family

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Guilty. There is a name of a certain guy that I loathe his very existence.

24. What was the best book you read? The Time Traveler’s Wife again & I read Julie/Julia.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Basically everything on CJ’s ipod. The kinks, MGMT, the Format, Bloodhound gang, & TONS of Green Day songs that I guess never went mainstream so I didn’t know them, but now I love them!

26. What did you want and get? A key necklace, a tripod, & a Wii! <3

27. What did you want and not get? I got everything & more.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Inception, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, & Get him to the Greek!

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 25 & CJ threw me a mini birthday party! It was so nice of him. My mom made me a beautiful cake too!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A new job that uses my college degrees.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Hmm a lot of black & dark colors. I guess it reflected my mood in the beginning of the year but now it’s a lot brighter. I even now own a yellow shirt!! =P

32. What kept you sane? Cj. Yup. I definitely lost it a couple of times.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? (Love the word “Fancy”) I think Ryan Reynolds is hot!

34. What political issue stirred you the most? The whole bash your opponent in stupid commercials while your running for governor. I thought it was very childish. I’d rather see what you’ve accomplished then know your bad-mouthing the other guy.

35. Who did you miss? My friend Danielle. I rarely see her.

36. Who was the best new person you met? Cj & all his Kickass friends.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. You can’t forget your family. They will always be there for you no matter what happens & will help you out if they can. Also you can’t change the past so you have to live the present.

38. What do you want to happen in 2011? I want to travel more & build on my relationships with people for the better.

Goodbye 2010!! =) Thank you Wandering Thoughts of a Scientific Housewife for the survey!! =)


Follow Melanies Randomness

19 comments:

drollgirl said...

well you had a pretty rad year! and let's hope this one is EVEN BETTER!!!!

cheers!!!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

CJ sounds like he's such a great guy, a total keeper.

I've had my share of friend problems in the past. My advice to you as far as bad friends go is to just cut them off and move on. Life is too short to keep people in your life that don't make your life better.

I hope you have an amazing 2011 Melanie!

Chrissy said...

What a great survey and nice way to get to know you better!

Ashley Hasty said...

I'm new to your blog...I saw your comment on ExPresso and thought I'd bop on over to your blog and say a quick hello!

<3 Ashley
www.ahastylife.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Darling, I love those sweet photos of you two and I loved reading your answers. CJ sounds like a great guy and Im so happy that you have your own place. That is huge!
Wish you all the best in 2011. Cant wait to read your amazing posts this year
Muah

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

Awww!!! I remember reading about most of these things when they happened!! I am so happy for all the great things that have happened for you recently! You deserve every single one of them! Hope your 2011 is fantastic and can't wait to read more from you! :)

Kori said...

Love this! I always appreciate this type of post because it helps us to get to know you! I noticed you have my old blog button, grab the new one if you want! Hope you are doing well honey! Kori xoxo

Michelle Schraudner said...

I love how much you've done this year! And yay you for traveling to so many new places!

noone said...

you def had a great year! and I got a wii this holiday too, it was a gift from myself to myself hahaha!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ps: Thank you for the sweet comment! Totally made my day:) Muah, darling

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Hope this year is going to be even more lovelier, Melanie!
I love your answer for no17~ That's pure JOY!!!

xo

Cafe Fashionista said...

Awww...I'm so glad that you had such a stellar 2010, Melanie; here's to hoping that 2011 is full of even more fantastical moments!

Happy, Happy New Year!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic year!

Wishing you all the best in 2011!

Bathwater said...

I seen this survey but I don't think I have the answers to fill it out. get that new job and publish that novel and you will have to come up with new goal!

ps: Chicago is not a state ;).

Katy Mary said...

Super fun survey Mel!! Happy 2011 :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Some awfully fabulous things happened for you this year! Cheers to 2011!

Christina Harper said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good 2010. I hope things go even better for you this year!!!

Ally said...

Haven't been by in a while, so glad to see you bought a condo and are still with your sweetie. Sounds like a great year for you! Best of luck in 2011!

Simply Colette said...

Loved reading this! :) Happy New Year! Good luck with your friend... I've been there before =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails