Friday, October 15, 2010

Oh Oh...I want some more...Oh Oh...What are you waiting for??


This week was a blur. It rolled by so fast! Last night I took a mini trip into NYC with CJ to go see a filming of Comedy Central Presents. Alas I couldn’t take any pictures but seeing a live filming of anything is always awesome. I might be on TV because they did move us a few times because the same people can’t be on camera for two consecutive sets. I will watch for it on TV & then see if I can get screen shots from it if I was on it!! =) It was funny the camera on the boom almost hit us on the head because it was so low. The comedians were okay but it was funnier seeing a guy tell us to applaud & laugh in the background. Kinda like the guy in Shrek & the wedding with the Awww sign.

I’m at work because I was just so tired after I got home yesterday so this is going to be a short post! I will continue with 30 Days of Awesomness! Be sure to check out my Sunflower Cupcake Post too! CUPCAKES!

“30 Day Blog Journal”

Day #5: Your Favorite Quotes

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."
- Marilyn Monroe

"I always wanted a happy ending...Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity."
-Gilda Radner

"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."
Marilyn Monroe

"It's Always Something . . ."
- Gilda Radner

“30 Days of Truths”

Day 05 - Something you hope to do in your life.


Well that’s a loaded question to be answered in 50 words or less. Well I hope to one day be a mom. Not anytime soon but I would love to have a child to dress up & tell stories too & teach them things & tuck them into bed & help them with their homework & have a few moments a day where I’m happy to be a mom. I want to get married to a man who loves me utterly & truly. I hope to go to Paris one day & Italy, & Russia. I hope to finally finish the “Moonlight Sonata” with my grandmother on the piano before I forget it all. I hope to own a pair of Louboutins one day. I hope to be happy in my decisions. I hope…that all these dreams make it into reality. =)


That’s my goal for the weekend. To make at least one of my dreams a reality. CJ & I have his house all to ourselves so we won’t be running around to his & who’s houses. Yeah! Too much of a good thing sometimes. My mom is going to make empanadas for me to bring over too. Yum! I’m going to go to the local Ikea too to start scoping out some finds for my condo. I don’t know any new information but it will be soon. I hope everyone has a great weekend! *Mwah* =)

Title: "Animals" by Neon Trees! (Love this song!)

20 comments:

Constar said...

okay A. i love the song that your title quotes. other than that cute post :) hope you have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

How fun that you were at the filming! Hope you are on TV, that would be really awesome!

Shannon said...

I love this quote: "Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."
- Marilyn Monroe

It is such female empowerment! YES!

Diana Mieczan said...

Those are such a great quotes and how fun that you are going to Ikea...I am planning a trip there too..Need to get some new jars:) Also, have a great time with CJ...:)
Hugs and kisses

Chrissy said...

Love the quotes! And love your goals! I bet they will all come true! Have fun at IKEA - love it there!

Tiffany Kadani said...

What an awesome weekend planned! And going to a live taping sounds so fun! Have a great Friday!

tess said...

those are some awesome and certainly achievable goals! I think you can have your perfect husband, kids, and those shoes!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Great quotes- esp love MM ones :)

Christopher said...

can i have your autograph since your totally famous now?

Katy Mary said...

Love the song in your title!!! Seeing something filming sounnds awesome. I am off to NYC tonight!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Aw I hope ALL of those dreams come true! Italy is also on my list :)

Have a great weekend!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

A television taping?! How freaking cute! :P

And I love those quotes. They are so inspirational.

I hope you have a fabulous weekend, Mel. xo

Audrey Allure said...

I love going to TV tapings :) Great quotes!

koralee said...

Enjoy your weekend...love your quotes today! xoxoox

btd. said...

I want to go to Paris, Italy, & Russia too! Lol, definitely Paris, I didn't do three years of French for nothing! xD

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ah! I hope that you have such a phenomenal time with CJ, Melanie! And those quotes are perfect - loving the Marilyn one!! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

The right shoes always definitely put a spring in my step!

Meghan said...

It sounds like everything is going well these days! I hope your dreams become a reality!

Claire Kiefer said...

I loooooooove Louboutins, and I got my pair on Craigslist for $100!

Unknown said...

really nice quotes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails