Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New &Continuing Outlook on Dieting for me...New Bruises too????



This week has been all about me trying to get some semblance of old self back. I’ve gotten much needed sleep, spoke up at work to get assigned projects, straightened up the condo, and then started to squeeze in some much needed exercise & eating habits. But then the weird bruises started to appear…I’ll explain.

Since last Monday I’ve been taking control of snacks and eating & doing lil things to get myself going. Fidgeting at work is actually something good to do I read in a Yahoo Health article. I have a desk job so it’s crucial to get up every once and a while to get the blood flowing and get that digestive track working on those Quakers Mini Rice cakes I keep eating. This back-fired a little bit because I was printing the world out so I had an excuse to get up and now I have a sea of papers on my desk that I have no files for…oops. I also have been eating salad, bringing portioned out snacks which really is working I believe, eating yogurt, chicken, and my new love is rosemary for seasoning & lime juice for flavor! I'm actually really happy with my progress.

My motivation is the summer and this may sound gross but it's the truth...sweating. In the summer months I sweat so badly and if I was thinner maybe things won't touch as much and I'll be smaller so I won't sweat in the awkwardest of places. Also just not being out of breath too would be nice when I'm walking around. It's a goal. I don't plan on losing tons of weight, just about 20 pounds because who knows how many inches that would equal.

But I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or I'm working too hard at this or I'm doing lil exercises incorrectly because about 10 lil bruises have appeared on my shrinking thighs. Thankfully it's only on my thighs so I can hide it with pants but I was starting freak out when there was more than just one or two. I looked it up on muscle building sites and apparently it's because the part of body is shrinking therefore blood vessels may break & create bruising. I didn't count on this and another reason is anemia, which is low iron. Yup got that. Well...this sucks. 


So for the next few days I'm just going to watch what I eat and not worry about extra exercise. I guess a key here is to not overdo it. I didn't think I was but who knows. Everyone's body is different and you have to find what works for you. 

Any Dieting Tips for a a Hopeful Candidate? Any setbacks you've experienced?

Follow Melanies Randomness

3 comments:

Andrew said...

I once ate nothing but the following, and lost 60 pounds in 5 months, WITHOUT feeling hungry:

--a piece of toast and a granola bar for breakfast.
--a five piece chicken nugget and caeser side salad from Wendy's for lunch.
--a small chili from Wendy's for dinner.

Plus, I walked two miles a day.

I'd snack on pretzels and dry breakfast cereal all day whenever in need of some food.

I call it the "Wendy's Dollar Menu Diet." It works!

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

good luck on your exercise and diet ! {:

-abby

Johnny Madrid aka Tim E. said...

I'm having the same thing now. I need to lose some weight for several reasons. I always plan to go to the gym but that too is always 'tomorrow'. Gotta watch my eating habits too. Time to take that step!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails