When you finally get to move into your new place & a lil time goes by you might notice that you have forgotten to do a few important things. You’ll remember to buy furniture, soap, linens, smoke detectors (Very important btw), hangers, BUT then you’ll sit on your couch and realize,
“Oh crap, I forgot to put up paintings on my walls!! Yeesh it looks a lil bit like a Padded Cell, YIKES!”
Yeah my walls are still bare. I live in a studio so that’s the non-window wall & non-open space. However I’m a lil lost as to what to do with it. I could put a cluster of prints above my desk & then one big picture above my bed or vise versa? My color scheme is primarily red & white so I don’t want to have a painting with a lot of colors be the pink elephant in the room. Maybe a black & white big photo over the bed & then a set of photo or storage cubes hung above the desk? I’m not sure.
Any Ideas for my Naked Walls? I’m very open to suggestions!
Now what else have I learned? A few very important things.
1. Replace ALL fire alarms & carbon monoxide units or if they are new replace the batteries. The BEEP of the battery dying in the middle of the night will be so annoying you will have to fix it in the middle of the night or least get up to take it down.
2. If you are moving out of your parent’s house to your own place RESIST the urge to buy ONLY junk food. Keep chips & dips in your home only when you are having company. Midnight cravings will hit.
3. ONE HOLIDAY AT A TIME! Stick to just Valentine’s Day, just Christmas, just Halloween, etc. Do NOT OVERLAP! I realized I still had a mini Christmas tree up the other day in February. I quickly took it down. Storage containers are great for extra ornaments, skeletons, & shamrocks. =)
4. This one may seem simple but it’s easier said the done. TAKE THINGS OUT OF THE BOXES! That set of bowls in the bottom cupboard, take it out of the box; the coffee maker won’t work in the box so take it out…I think you get the picture. =)
5. Cookbooks will become your new best friend not just that gift you got from that weird aunt that is just decoration for your coffee table.
1. 6. Oh yeah btw just give your boyfriend a drawer for extra clothes & a place to keep his toothbrush. Or girlfriend. They aren’t going to move in with you they just want to be a lil more comfortable. Don't have this unnecessary fight.
Those are just a few things that I’ve learned in the past few weeks. I have an interesting idea for this feature that I will ask next time.