Sunday, April 24, 2011

Today was a New Day....


Today on this Easter Sunday my boyfriend CJ called me to the window he was looking out of. "Mel come here for a sec," he said quietly. I got out of my bed and joined him. I poked my head out of the window and saw the absolutely beautiful day. The sun was shining, the yellow flowers in the next yard were blooming, a dog in another yard was frolicking, and the I snapped back into reality.

Where the hell have I been? I don't mean just here in the blog world, I mean everywhere. The other day I was lying down and peered over to the mirror on my nightstand. Someone was looking back at me. Someone with tired eyes, a stressed furrow to her brow, and make-up stained under her eyes. It resembled me but it wasn't. It didn't help that I got sick soon after as well as my whole family from a Palm Sunday Vomiting Disaster that we still can't pinpoint the cause. It's been rough, real rough chunk of time that just escapes me. It went by in a blur. But I'm back and ready to roll.

Things have been interesting nonetheless. I sorta feel like this is a New Season and let me give you a quick recap. My whole life has changed with the new job for the better and worse. Better in that I have a job that has all the potential. Worse is that I'm absolutely exhausted. My relationship is an that odd span of time between maybe proposals, maybe moving into together and then the unknown....I found diet tricks besides being very sick that actually work. A dark wardrobe turning bright...Owning my own place has become a battle each day with many surprises.  A zombie novel back on track too...And More....

I apologize for being gone but I'm back and will see you all soon...Hibernation is over. Happy Easter & Happy Passover! =)

11 comments:

Jennifer Fabulous said...

I'm glad the new job is going well, but I'm sorry it has been so stressful. It sounds like you're truly exhausted, poor thing. I hope you get time to relax soon! xoxo

PS. Happy Easter! :)

Tiffany Kadani said...

Happy Easter! Missed you. The in between moments are the hardest but the most memorable.

Kate Weber said...

Well, I'm glad you're back to your old self. New days are good! <3

Simply Kate

Anne said...

Just be you Melanie :o) You are so stong and happy for you that things are moving forward with lots of interesting challenges.
Happy Easter.

just call me jo said...

Glad you recovered from the vomiting incident. You're young. You should rebound easily, though sometimes it doesn't work that way, huh. Happy spring and renewel...

Bathwater said...

Okay that was a pretty short recap, I hope you break it down a little more. Like do you like the job? How did everyone get sick? What's up with the condo?

Josh said...

Welcome back! :)
I'm looking forward to reading your future posts. :)

Unknown said...

Oh Melanie! Hope you're able to get some rest and relaxation soon! Hope things slow down for you a bit, you deserve it. But you're right - today IS a new day!

Lady Grey said...

It's always fun to hear your updates... sounds like life is full of potential for you right now. Exciting! Being busy and working hard are good things in my opinion, but make sure to take a few moments for yourself!
oxo

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE that first photo!

Dionne said...

Glad to hear you're back, and I LOVE that your beau called you over to look outside at the gorgeous day. Not many guys even notice stuff like that, so you know that when you find one, he's a keeper!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails